I finished step 2 and was setting up for step 3. I realized that this (ignore the poorly sewn seam, it got frogged, twice.....)
was actually supposed to be this
Needless to say it took more than a few hours frogging and refrogging after sewing.
Then the worst thing happened.......
I was set up to quilt my mystery quilt with a new pattern that is circles and bubbles. I was stoked.
2 rows! I just needed 2 more rows! But sadly I think the timing on the longarm went kaput. Mid-quilting I had to loosen the quilt and take the machine off the rack. It's in the shop until Monday.
Some weeks are just harder than others, I think. I'm hopeful that I can reinstall, find my place in the pattern and restart the quilt with minimal fuss. Because in the end, that's sometimes the best we can hope for!