Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Snow day!

It's my first snow day in a long time. When you have to be to work no matter the weather, it's sooooo much better when a snow day falls on a day off. I managed to sleep in until 8 am! It helped that Sasha got in bed and cuddled against my legs. She normally leads the charge to get up and get outside to potty and then eat, but is learning the art of warm cuddling! Hubby is working from home. Since the 4 loads of laundry are done, chicken pot pie is made for lunch, and the dishwasher is running, I get to play in my quilting room.

I'm loading my mystery quilt onto the frame. It's from Cheryl at Meadow Mist designs. Unfortunately all the fabric is from my stash and I have no idea what fabric it is. I think I moved one of the blues in my 2002 move!


I did find some Garden allure, DariDesigns studio for Robert Kaufman to back it. I planned on doing pebbles in red all over. But red is so hard to match. Normally I would go to the LQS and attempt to buy a different red (more maroon-y) but everything here in the Northeast is closed because of the snow! So I went with a light blue. This is going to be my first all over quilting with my longarm (normally I just do a one item repeat), so we'll see how it goes!

What are you working on today?

No comments:

Post a Comment